Saturday, December 19, 2009

Bad Buisness....

Now this is something i have a huge problem with! I despise buisness that are ran completely opposite of how their suppose to be ran. It really bothers me whe I go into a store and I have to go look for help or when i go to a resturant and I get poor service. And it piss me off even more whn i go to KFC and they aint got no chicken!!!!


I mean where is the employees, the managers, the DAMN chicken! I call all this BAD Buisness!! But those are just a few examples of bad buiness, I've had sserveral experiences with BB and i'm pretty sure most of you hvae too. And I'm gonna touch on one specifically, an Modeling Agency


This certain incident happened about 2 yrs ago and It's when I was persuing a modeling career. Now I won't put names out there because that's not what I do, but I will say it's a well known agency that represented very well known video models.


Now this was a time when I had not had any modeling experience, didnt know much about the buisness it self, so I'll admit I was very nieve and thirsty. So i sent some pics to quite of few urban mags and modeling agencies and I only got a response back from one. Now this particular one was 100% legit, they had already had known models and one already on te rise so automatically I was thinking yea, this is was up. I spoke with one of the managers/photographer, set up an appointment for an interview( which was 4 hrs away from me), and I drove all the way to Silversprings, Maryland.


Ok now the first meeting went very well, it was a nice office, set up well, and he was very professional. So that made me feel alittle more at ease. We sat down he went over everthing with me, I fillled out an application, he even explained the contracts to me and which one would fit me better.


Now here's the fuckery! He began going over the cost of a shoot with him, now mind you I had an interview with this man to talk about signing to their agency. Listen folks an agency that wants to SIGN YOU WILL NOT CHARGE YOU!!!!!!!!!! Now I know if u want a cretain photographer to shoot you they may have fee, and I know Agencies gets booking fee's (20%) but to charge you to SIGN with them? NO WAY, JOSE'!!!!!


But My ms. I wanna be a model ass gives this $800 to do a shoot, him and his partner(she looked grimey from the start) tells me I cant wait to work with you, Im going to send u a copy of the contract sign it and mail it back in!!!!! These ppl didnt even sit me down to go over a contract with me!!! said ther were gonna mail it and we can go over it via phone!!! Who does this????


I got the contract in the mail and you know what? I got my pictures too, I even got inroduced by one of the managers ( grimey lookin chick)(in ATL @ Lotus to be exact) as one of their newiest models. But you know what was lacking in the picture? a Complete Buisness Agreement!! they never signed the contract, I never spoke back to either one of these 2 people


And that's what I call BAD BUISNESS!!


I thank God everyday for that learning experience cause it taught me alot, the MODELING GAME IS RIGGED and TANTED!!!!
Ok that's not the only thing, lol. But it taught me that I'm really a people pleasier but only to a certain extinct, Please people only enough to get shit done.

No comments:

Post a Comment